Since so many of you on the forum were raving about Revlon’s new foundation, I had to go ASAP to the closest drugstore (when a MUG needs to try a new product, she instantly drops everything to go get it!) I’m a huge fan of Revlon’s Colorstay foundation, so wanted to compare the two. Here’s what I thought…
- Product: 4 out of 5
- Packaging: 5 out of 5
- Quality: 5 out of 5
- Overall: 4 out of 5
- Would I buy again? most likely
- Price: $13.99
Where to Buy:
- Is a great price especially for the quality
- Is lighter feeling on the skin compared to the Colorstay Foundation
- Has a shiny glow to it for a healthy looking complexion (which is great for everyday use, but NOT for photography)
- Does not appear orange or cakey
- Does not smell (a small problem with the Colorstay Foundation)
- Has excellent coverage
- Has a pump for easy application!
- Not as wide a range of colors- there are only 8 colors
- Too shiny for photography
Photo Ready vs Colorstay:
- If you want your skin to glow, then go with the Photo Ready; If you want a matte finish, go with the Colorstay.
- If you are having pictures done, go with the Colorstay as you do not want your face to appear oily in your photos
- If your skin tends to be dry and dull looking, go with the Photo Ready; If your skin can appear oily, go with the Colorstay
- The Colorstay Foundation dries quickly, so you have to work fast before it starts to cake up; whereas the Photo Ready is a little more forgiving
- The Photo Ready does not have that latex paint smell that Colorstay can have after a few months
I really do love this foundation in that it has amazing coverage without feeling heavy on the skin. The shine in the Photo Ready is great if you want that youthful, healthy glow but… it does not photograph...